FAQ on Bulk Update
Frequently Asked Questions on Bulk Update
What happens if I have the 6 columns of data but don’t check the Include Annotated Fields check box?
- The import will only update the chromebook serial number with the orgunitpath
What happens if I check include annotated fields but don’t have the six columns of data?
- Nothing will be imported; the screen will go blank the page will need to be refreshed.
What happens if I have a typo in a column heading?
- It will still import the data and update the fields based on the column value
What happens if I have a typo in the orgunitpath?
- The data for that serial number will not be processed and a report at the end of the import can be downloaded to see which serial numbers were not updated with the orgunitpath defined
What happens if I have a typo in the Serial Number?
- No data will be updated as the serial number does not exist in GAC.
What happens if I leave the value empty for an annotated field?
- The annotated field will be cleared in Google Admin Console
What happens if I have a 7th column in my csv file?
- It will import the data for the first 6 columns in the csv file and ignore the values in the 7th column
What happens if I have a duplicate serial number?
It will import the data and the values of the second entry of duplicate serial number will be applied.
What happens if I have a typo in the status value?
- No action will be taken
What happened if I have a value under Reason when doing a Power wash?
- It will process the power wash and ignore the value in the reason column